Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Author Interview


Here's the first author interview on this site done by Wendy Siefken with Ethan Jones


It is with great pleasure to get a chance to interview Ethan for a second time! He has published several books this year and his lates is due out the 9th of October! As a special surprise he will be giving away Arctic Wargames for free October 9th, 10th and 11th! Without further delay here is Ethan!


Blurb from his book:

Justin Hall and Carrie O’Connor, Canadian Intelligence Service Agents, find themselves in lawless North Africa on the trail of an assassination plot. The target is the US President, and the hit is scheduled to take place during a G-20 summit in Libya’s capital, Tripoli. But the source of their information is the deceitful leader of one of the deadliest terrorist groups in the area. Ambushes and questionable loyalties turn an already difficult mission into a dark maze of betrayal and misdirection.

Forced to return to Tripoli, Justin and Carrie dig up new intelligence pointing to a powerful Saudi prince bankrolling the assassination plan. What’s worse, Justin and Carrie realize something crucial is very, very wrong with their plan. The summit is only forty-eight hours away and they still have to stop the Saudi prince, dismantle the assassination plot, and save the life of Tripoli’s target.

Tripoli’s Target promises to take the reader through a great story as it becomes the next international bestseller. Fans of David Baldacci, Vince Flynn, and Daniel Silva will love this high-octane spy thriller.

Q. Now that you have published more than one book, Congratulations by the way, have you changed any of your writing habits?

A. Thanks for the congratulations. I have started to be more organized, in the sense of dedicating a certain amount of time to writing, editing, promoting and marketing my works. In the past, I would go in campaigns, focusing on one aspect and forgetting the rest. Now, I work on making little progress in all fronts at the same time.

Q. What part of writing do you find the most fulfilling?

A. The brewing of the plot in my mind and the beginning of a new novel is always very exciting and very fulfilling. Then, the hard work begins, the writing of the whole book.

Q. Are you going to continue in the self-publishing route or do you also submit to agents or publishing houses?

A. I love the self-publishing route, the freedom, the flexibility, the possibilities. I’m going to continue to publish my works independently. Of course, I don’t know what the future holds, so if an agent comes knocking things may change.

Q. If you could play any part in your books, what part would it be? (Think Stephen King who played parts in some of his books to movies)

A. I’ve never thought of that. I would play a minor role, perhaps of the secondary characters.

Q. What have you done to help build your platform as an author to let others know of your works?

A. I use my blog as a place to connect with my fans, along with my Facebook page and my Twitter. I’m active on various writers’ forums as well and have approached bookstores and libraries for author presentations.

Q. What started you on the writing path? When did you decide to become a published author?

A. I wrote short stories when I was a teen. Then I went to university and had no time for writing, other than exams. After law school, I continued graduate studies and received a Master of Laws degree. A 150-page thesis was the product of my research. Once I finished it, I decided to try to write more stories, this time the ones that I wanted to write. I was blessed with time to work on Arctic Wargame and other novels.

I shopped Arctic Wargame around in 2009 and 2010. Those were not good times for the publishing industry. I got great feedback. A few agents asked for a partial manuscript and two or three for a full. Upon the suggestion of a good friend, I dusted off my work, revised it and now everyone can enjoy it and my future novels.

Q. Who is your biggest supporter in your writing career?

A. My wife is very understanding and supportive. I must also thank God for the talent, with which He has blessed me.

Q. Do you have any more stories ready to come out? Do you plan to keep writing in this genre?

A. I’m planning to continue the Justin Hall series with more installments. In Fog of War, the third installment in this series, Justin infiltrates Iran to help extract a defector, a nuclear scientist who can provide information on Iran’s uranium enrichment program and its plans to build a nuclear bomb. Then Justin and Carrie will have to continue their investigation in some of the most dangerous regions of the planet, including Somalia and Yemen, the hotbeds of terrorism in the making. The release of Fog of War is tentatively planned for early summer 2013.

Q. Where can we find your books and sites at? Links?

A. The first spy thriller in the Justin Hall series, Arctic Wargame, can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0084FH6M8
Second spy thriller in the Justin Hall series, Tripoli’s Target, can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009M8W5ZY
Twitter: @EthanJonesBooks
My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ethan-Jones/329693267050697

No comments:

Post a Comment